Gynaecological care is one of the most common forms of medical care and something which most women will require at some stage in their life.
Gynaecological medicine is a complex, wide ranging area which involves more than just issues around obstetrics (pregnancy). Whilst gynaecological treatment is often of a high standard, things can go wrong.
Examples of the types of cases we have dealt with in this area of medicine include:
- Perforation of the bowel during a hysterectomy operation
- Failed sterilisation procedure resulting in unwanted pregnancy
- Inadequately performed repair of perineal tear post childbirth
- A burn caused as a result of loop diathermy for abnormal cervical cells
- Failure to diagnose and treat a pelvic infection leading to fertility problems and need for future IVF treatment
- Rupture of Caesarean section scars
- Poorly performed TVT (trans vaginal tape) procedures resulting in increased urinary incontinence, sexual difficulties and the need for corrective surgery
- Failing to give correct advice with regard to removal of an intra-uterine device in view of an abnormal smear, regular vaginal discharge and symptoms suggestive of pelvic inflammatory disease leading to pelvic abscess, tubal damage and need for a laparotomy
We at Freemans have a wealth of experience in dealing with all types of Clinical Negligence claims. We are able to offer a sympathetic and discrete approach to these cases and understand that people often find talking about these matters embarrassing. We will deal with you in a sensitive manner and have female solicitors work on your case for those that would prefer this.
We will work tirelessly to ensure you are not only compensated for the pain and losses caused by your injuries but that you also receive support and any further treatment and rehabilitation you may need.
If you think that you have suffered an injury or poor outcome as a result of failures in your gynaecological treatment then you may be entitled to compensation.
Please call one of our solicitors today on 0191 222 1030 for a free consultation in relation to your claim or complete our website enquiry form.