From time to time we may change this policy by updating this page. You should regularly check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and telephone
- We may also collect and process information provided by you at the time of posting material to the Website, as well as details of your visit to the Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data), and the resources that you use.
- If you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information for the following reasons:-
- To improve our products and services
- To properly respond to your enquiries
- Internal record keeping
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone and may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Addresses, email addresses and other personal details supplied by means of this web site will be used for the purposes for which you supply them or as stated on the relevant section of this web site. In some cases they may also be used for statistical analysis.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics is a piece of software that gathers data about visitors to this website.
Google Analytics may record what website you came from to get here, how long you stay for, what kind of computer you’re using and other relevant information. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
This enables a better understanding of the users of this site and what content is being read. It can be used to aggregate statistics about the number of visitors this site receives and browsers being used. No personally identifying data is included in this type of reporting
Please see our separate page on cookies.
Freemans complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, Freemans is the data controller and sole owner of the personal data collected on the Website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, as such sites are not governed by this Privacy Statement. You should exercise caution and look at the Privacy Statement applicable to the website in question.
By using the Website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in the manner set out above.