Skip to content


We have been specialists in the liquor licensing field since our inception in 1988. 

We act for a number of clients with premises throughout the country providing services in relation to all types of licensed premises, such as pubs, clubs, restaurants, hotels and off-licences.

We have long-standing and established working relationships with many local police and local authority licensing departments and always do our best to achieve the desired outcome for our clients, adopting a non-combative approach wherever possible.

We are also often recommended by other solicitors who act for their clients directly or on an agency basis which takes away the stress of dealing with an area of law where they have little or no experience.

We also have many years of experience dealing with tenanted pubs and are frequently called to advise new tenants about standard documentation used by the major tenanted pub companies.

Types of work we deal with are as follows:

  • New Premises Licence applications
  • Changing a Designated Premises Supervisor
  • Variations of Premises Licences – structural alterations and conditions
  • Personal Licence applications
  • Café / Pavement licences
  • Purchase and Sale of Licensed premises
  • Temporary event notices (TEN’s)

If you need advice about a licensing matter please call one of our solicitors on 0191 222 1030 or complete our website enquiry form.


Contact us

Call us now on 0191 222 1030 or request a call back below.

Freemans is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, SRA ID number 69253

Delivered by