Cosmetic surgery, also known as plastic surgery, can have a positive effect on patients’ lives.
Unfortunately, in an industry which is expanding, it is said there is little regulation and as a result cosmetic procedures can and do go wrong. We at Freemans appreciate that this can have a devastating effect on patients both physically and psychologically.
The main areas in which we see medical negligence relating to cosmetic surgery are:
- Patients not being properly informed about the risks of a particular procedure.
- The procedure not being performed to an acceptable standard
- Inadequate postoperative aftercare
- Excessive scarring following a cosmetic procedure
- The cosmetic procedure has caused further injury e.g. nerve damage, a resulting or an exacerbation of psychiatric issues, dimpling, excessive breast asymmetry, loss of nipple
- Wound infection
Cosmetic procedures are carried out for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common types of surgery performed include:
- Breast surgery (reduction, lift and enlargement)
- Brow lift
- Ear Correction Surgery (Otoplasty)
- Eye lift (Blepharoplasty)
- Face lift
- Nose surgery (rhinoplasty)
- Thigh lift and reduction
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
If you think that you may have suffered an injury as a result of failures in cosmetic surgery you have undergone then you may be entitled to compensation.
We at Freemans have a wealth of experience in dealing with all types of Clinical Negligence claims. We know that problems following cosmetic surgery can leave long lasting physical and psychological problems. Often there has also been significant financial investment by the patient who now does not have the means to pay for further treatment that is needed. Using our knowledge and expertise we will ensure that your claim is investigated fully in a sensitive manner. We will work tirelessly to ensure you are not only compensated for the pain and losses caused by your injuries but that you also receive support and any further treatment and rehabilitation you may need.
Please contact us on 0191 222 1030 and speak to one of our lawyers for free initial advise on your claim or complete our website enquiry form.