Cardiology refers to the area of medicine concerned with the heart and blood vessels.
Dealing with a cardiac problem can cause huge distress as the long term consequence of misdiagnosis, delay in diagnosis, or the treatment related to such can be catastrophic for you and your family, emotionally and financially.
Cardiac care is closely related to vascular surgery but is a separate area of medicine.
A medical negligence claim can arise from the misdiagnosis, or delayed diagnosis or the treatment of a cardiac condition that you or a member of your family is suffering from.
Our solicitors have extensive experience with all types of cardiac claims and recognise it is crucial that medical professionals are swift and decisive in dealing with cardiac problems, no matter the circumstances in which they arise.
The main areas in which we see medical negligence relating to cardiac care are:
- Misdiagnosis and treatment of a heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- Heart surgery – negligent operation or failure to operate
- Delay in treatment and / or incorrect treatment of high blood pressure
- Failing to treat heart failure properly and in a timely manner
- Failing to treat heart rhythm problems (arrhythmia) and manage them correctly prior to and / or following cardiac arrest
- Failing to diagnose and treat an abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Failing to diagnose and treat endocarditis (infection of the heart)
The most common types of cardiac problems where negligence medical treatment arises are:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias)
- left heart failure (pulmonary oedema)
- Ischaemic heart disease, including angina and heart attacks (myocardial infarction)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms
If you think that you or a family member may have suffered an injury as a result of failures in cardiac treatment then you may be entitled to compensation.
We at Freemans have a wealth of experience in dealing with all types of Clinical Negligence claims. Using our knowledge and expertise we will ensure that your claim is investigated fully in a sensitive manner. We will work tirelessly to ensure you are not only compensated for the pain and losses caused by your injuries but that you also receive support and any further treatment and rehabilitation you may need.
Please call one of our solicitors today on 0191 222 1030 for a free consultation in relation to your claim or complete our website enquiry form.